Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Pact

My Dad is taking our dog to the veterinarian's office tomorrow. Cookie has had skin issues for a while, but now he's having trouble getting up and down the stairs and his spine is cracking like Bruce Lee's knuckles. So, we're kind of worried. Dad called this morning.

Dad: "I'm taking Cookie to the vet tomorrow."
Me: "What do you think is wrong with him?"
Dad: "I dunno. But if he's in pain, I've gotta do something about it."
Me: "Yeah."
Dad: "We made a promise to one another. If it ever came down to it, he'd do me and I'd do him."
Me: "Is this during or after a game of POW (poodles of war)?"
Dad: "It's not a game, it's a simulation."
Me: "There's something seriously wrong with you."

2 comments:

Tom said...

I think you can combine the two labels on this post.

-t

Me said...

I had the same thought...but awesome. :) I like your dad!