Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Dreams: The Final Frontier

Lately I've been having a lot of weird dreams. I don't think it's necessarily new, it's more that I've been remembering the dreams on a more regular basis than I ever have before. I'm finding that it's not something I'm really a huge fan of. I'm learning things about myself that I'd rather have continued to deny. Take for example, my dream from 2 nights ago.

I'm at a huge party in a mansion or similarly-sized dwelling. I don't really know anyone there, but I'm drinking and hanging out and there's music, so it's cool. The next song that plays overhead is "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns and Roses. All of a sudden, the guy sitting next to me stands up and starts playing the guitar. And I mean PLAYING. Because he is Slash. Slash from G&R was sitting right next to me and now he's jamming out while leaning on me and being altogether awesome. So, he plays the entire song and then people start crowding around him because it's Slash and he has a top hat and is altogether the coolest.


I, since the song's conclusion, am totally freaking out that Slash chose to play while making contact w/ my shoulder. So, I go into the next room to tell someone because HELLO SLASH IS TOTALLY AWESOME. I am making my way into the next room and decide to follow a rather tall muscley guy who is cutting a swathe through the crowd. As I'm trying to get past him, I look over and realize that he is not just any tall goateed man. He is Riker. Commander William Riker of the Starship Enterprise. And this is when I realize several of you will be jumping ship on my friendship*. It's okay, I understand. I'm nerdier than even I realized- as the rest of the dream will illustrate.

So, I strike up a conversation with Riker- something along the lines of OMG YOU'RE RIKER! And we walk together into the next room. I had never understood how he was the "ladies man" on the show, but I started to get the gist in my dreams. That is one charming beardy guy. So, we reach our destination and Riker plunks down next to someone else and starts talking. Guess who? That's right- Picard. Also present are the other main characters from Star Trek: TNG. Including Geordi LaForge who is a double-celebrity because who doesn't love Reading Rainbow? Nobody. That's who. So, we're all talking and laughing and I am seriously star-struck. The night finally ends when Checkov (the Russian guy from original Star Trek) walks in soaking wet. Apparently someone had thrown him into the pool. He walked through the room dripping and cursing in Russian (because I speak Russian in my dreams) and we all shared a laugh. Me and my Star Trek friends. And then I woke up in a great mood.

I'm afraid that my fantasy is a Star Trek cast party with a guest performance by Slash.

Life just got a little bit sadder.

* Except C. You know you love some Star Trek. You've probably already had this dream. :-p

4 comments:

Tom said...

I believe you mentioned to me that Chekov was wearing a tuxedo when he had been thrown in the pool.

Nerd.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In fact, who are you?

mance01 said...

you're not foolin' anybody Trekkie. P knows about those books too. :-p

Rowdehchickpea said...

I was reading this and thought it was John's blog the whole way through until I saw the title of the previous post. In the beginning, I was like, yeah, we all know about your crazy dreams with presidents and such. But then I realized it was you, and now my mind is blown.